- I’m a worker. This includes anybody who is employed, unemployed, directly or indirectly wage-dependent, (pseudo) self-employed, in training or retired.
- I don’t employ anybody. I don’t have the power to hire or fire workers.
- I don’t fulfill any tasks that conflict with the purpose and goals of FAU (in German).
- I subscribe to the principles of FAU and will act according to its structure and decisions.
- Equal democratic rights: Make decisions about FAU’s affairs together with other members.
- Active solidarity: Get support from other members for struggles at your workplace.
- Legal protection for disputes resulting from your employment and/or union activity.
- Strike support: For larger struggles there are funds at the regional and federation level of FAU.
- Educational activities: Learn skills for union work and struggles at the workplace. Get to know labor law and political theory.
To join the union, you need to fill out a membership form and submit it to the secretariat of Allgemeines Syndikat Leipzig (General Syndicate Leipzig). You can choose between the web and paper versions.
If you use the web form, the transmission of data between your browser and the FAU server and from the FAU server to the secretariat is encrypted using TLS. This means that only you, the secretariat and people with access to the FAU server (admins of the IT collective) can read the data.
For the paper version of the form, you can download a PDF file and print it yourself. Alternatively you can ask for a printout at a meeting. In this case, data security only depends on the lock of our cupboard and the people who have a key. The paper version currently is only available in German. Submit the filled-out and signed form at a meeting or post it to the following address:
Allgemeines Syndikat FAU Leipzig
Breite Straße 4
Choose the option that offers the best combination of comfort, language and data security for you personally.